Who We Are
South Hills High School Goals: Show what you know
Mission: We are committed to providing all students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become lifelong learners, effective communicators, and responsible and productive citizens.
Vision: We will provide a relevant, high-quality education that inspires our diverse student body to be prepared for college or career opportunities in a global society.
What do we value?
Instructional Focus: At South Hills High School, we are exemplary communicators who show what we know through critical writing, discussion, performing, listening, and speaking. This will be measured by a greater percentage of students fulfilling or exceeding the A-G requirements, and increased proficiency in CAASPP, and department benchmarks.
How will we get there?
- We will implement a research-based instructional focus supported by best practices that align with common core standards and student learner outcomes.
- We will continue to refine our PLC model by using data-driven decision making to support student learner outcomes and build a collaborative teaching and learning environment.
- We will prepare students to be college and career ready upon graduation.
- We will create and implement ongoing professional development with a focus on instructional uses of technology to increase teacher capacity.
- We will increase student and parent communication and involvement in school activities to improve the school culture.