CAASPP for Parents
Guides for Viewing CAASPP Scores on Parent Portal
Resources to help me understand my child’s score
- Test Score Guide Website A new resource for parents which contains more information about your child’s score, the range of scores and achievement levels, and your child’s performance.
Grade 11 — Early Assessment Program (EAP) Status
The California State University (CSU) and participating California Community Colleges (CCCs) will use the ELA and mathematics assessments of the CAASPP System to determine your child’s 2019 EAP status, which will provide an indicator of his/her predicted readiness to take college-level English and mathematics courses when your child begins college.
The CAASPP overall score and achievement level for ELA and mathematics shown on the front of your child’s report can be used to provide an early indicator of his/her readiness for college-level coursework, as described below:
- Standard Exceeded: Ready for English and/or mathematics college-level coursework.
- Standard Met: Conditionally Ready for English and/or mathematics college-level coursework. Students earning a status of Conditionally Ready (Standard Met) can be exempt from the CSU's placement test and the Early Start Program by taking an approved senior year course and earning a grade of C or better.
- Standard Nearly Met: Not yet demonstrating readiness for English and/or mathematics college-level coursework.
- Standard Not Met: Not demonstrating readiness for English and/or mathematics college-level coursework.
Your child should visit the CSU Success Web page for information and steps to take in twelfth grade to be ready for college.