Merwin Extended Care
The Merwin Extended Care Program, funded by the California Department of Education's Child Development Division, is a wrap-around before and after school child care program for children from income-eligible families that provides quality child care for students enrolled in transitional kindergarten through fifth-grade. The General Child Care Program offers child care that supports the social-emotional development and classroom instruction of each child. Homework time is scheduled each day along with daily activities that are designed to be fun, interactive, and encourage critical thinking, cooperation, and creativity. The General Child Care program operates year-round adhering to the C-VUSD school holidays.
Who Do We Serve?
- TK-5th Grade Students enrolled at Merwin Elementary School
- Families who are income-eligible (Based on the number of family members and gross income earned).
- Full-time students who are studying for a specific vocational goal
- Those who are currently unemployed and are seeking employment
- Parents seeking permanent housing
- Parental Incapacity
For more information, please contact C-VCC at 626-472-6330