Welcome New Parents
We would like to welcome all new parents and students to the South Hills High School Band & Color Guard Music Program. We are looking forward to an exciting season and another wonderful year for the South Hills High School Band & Color Guard Music Program.
Whether your student is transitioning from a middle school band program or transferring into South Hills from elsewhere, entering the South Hills High School Band & Color Guard Music Program can be intimidating and overwhelming. The president of Band Boosters has set up a special website for parents and other volunteers to help them become more familiar with the various groups and how everything works. Informational sections have been mirrored here onto the SHHS website. You will find additional articles and information for past events on the parent-run website.
Please do not hesitate to ask a veteran parent any questions you may have. They will do their best to answer or point you in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your support and assistance for a fabulous year!
- Make your child responsible for being prepared. The first time they forget something will be the last. They learn to be resourceful when they have to be.
- Communication is crucial. If there is something that comes up and you need help getting your student to or from rehearsal/performance/etc., let a director know and start calling other parents. Section leaders are also great resources when you’re in a pinch. They know how important it is to have everyone there on time.
- Your band director and band boosters are always willing and ready to answer any questions you may have; feel free to contact us.
- Network – This is how we meet each other. It is also one of the best ways to get helpful hints on band parenting from others.
- Get Involved! Browse or search our website, attend or visit band practices and talk with other parents, attend band meetings, and watch your email for volunteer opportunities.
- Check the Band Events, Itineraries and Calendar to stay on top of upcoming events and mark your calendars now with dates from the 2019-20 Master Calendar.