Who We Are
The South Hills Band Boosters (SHBB) is a 501(c)(3) certified nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing support to the director, the students, and the Band and Color Guard programs.
The South Hills Band Boosters is a group of very dedicated adults that donate hundreds of hours every year to do all the work “behind the scenes”. The Band and Color Guard would not exist without these individuals donating their time.
By doing so, it helps to create, produce and perform the best possible marching band, symphonic band, wind ensemble, jazz ensemble, as well as a Winter Color Guard and Percussion Ensemble programs. South Hills High School Band and Color Guard Booster support this effort through coordinating donation opportunities, coordinating fundraising activities and volunteering as needed at events.
As a parent of a band and color guard student, you are automatically included as a member of the wonderful group of people called South Hills Band Boosters.
Goals and Objectives
• To support the Band Director, his staff, the Band Members and those volunteers associated with the South Hills Band Boosters.
• To promote the highest quality music education available for our students.
• To provide our students and staff with the tools necessary to be successful in the music program.
• To see that our band becomes more visible in the community and involved in community affairs.
What We Do
The South Hills Band Booster is dedicated to supporting the Director of Bands in the development of excellence in music education, performance skills and leadership in band students. The South Hills Band Booster accomplish this through the following:
- Organizing and coordinating financial support for music equipment, music education personnel, and other music-related needs not covered by Covina Valley School District funding.
- Volunteering support and manpower for any and all band-related events not limited to fundraisers, concerts, trips, socials and
- Being actively involved in mentoring fellow and new band parents, supporting student activities, working with other Booster organizations, and building relationships among members.
Why should you become a South Hills Band Booster?
• Contribute your time and energy to actively make a difference in your student’s musical education.
• Support your student’s proud accomplishments at football games and competitions.
• Parental involvement is the key to any successful learning environment.
• Gain first-hand knowledge into your student’s education, and make a difference.
• Relive your old high school band days.
• Work hard and sweat during competition season (saves on a gym membership!).
• Spend time with your child.
• Keep “in the know” as to what’s going on in our program.
• Be involved in activities that enrich the band program.
• Share music with students that you may not have otherwise been able to experience.
• Help ensure that fine arts programs, like the band, are not taken from the school curriculum.
• Be a part of decisions that direct the future success of the band.
• Be a part of a program that you and your student can be proud of.
• Band is fun – for students and adult volunteers!
Attend as many events in support of our great young musicians as possible. Be willing to become part of the South Hills Band Booster Family and experience your child’s success, personal growth, and musical improvement! In a very short time, your children will be graduating, moving on to college and beginning lives of their own. These next few years are precious and not to be missed! Please make a point to share in as much of this experience as possible!