The Transportation Department is responsible for providing safe, dependable and efficient transport of students to and from school and extracurricular trips.
Covina-Valley Unified School District does offer transportation to some schools sites from designated bus stops for a fee.
Students must purchase a bus pass in order to ride the school bus to and from school daily. Students must also show the bus driver their bus pass daily.
You can purchase an annual round trip bus pass for $250.
Bus pass fees are waived for the following reasons:
- Students receiving special education services which includes Home-To-School transportation as specified in their IEP.
- Families that qualify for free and reduced transportation costs. Families must complete a free and reduced application with Nutrition Services verifying income. Families must also reside outside the walking radius.
AR 3541.a Bus transportation walking radius: Students must reside outside the following perimeters to be eligible for transportation service.
- Elementary Schools – equal to or greater than 1.5 miles from school
- Middle Schools - equal to or greater than 2 miles from school
- High Schools – equal to or greater than 3 miles from school
Please take the time to review the Transportation Safety Plan and the Bus Regulations and Discipline Procedures.
We will NOT LEAVE a TK or Kindergarten Student at a bus stop without a designated adult, 18 or older, there to meet the student. We will return any TK or Kindergarten students back to their home school when there is no one at their bus stop to receive them.
Bus Passes can be purchased at the M.O.F.T. Office in the District Office complex, located at 519 E. Badillo St. Covina. CASH or CHECK ONLY.
If you have any questions please call (626) 974 7048