Public Records Request Header Image
  • Under the California Public Records Act (CPRA), a request can be made for public records. Please review the following information, so that we can handle your request efficiently and in a timely manner.

    How should I communicate my request?
    There are several ways to communicate your request:

    1. Via email to
    2. Via US Postal mail sent to:
      Veronica Flores-Ochoa
      Covina-Valley Unified School District
      519 E. Badillo St. Covina, CA 91723

    What information do I need to provide to fulfill the request?

    • Provide name and/or address for the records to be sent
    • Let us know the method you would like the records sent (e.g., email, US Mail, etc.)
    • A clear description of the records you are requesting
    • Any limits regarding cost for the records

    Will I be charged for the records I am requesting?
    Generally speaking, we charge $0.10 p/page. There are exceptions when a record has already been copied and created, so sometimes there is no charge. For electronic data there could be a direct cost charge for constructing and/or programming to access the records. We will always provide for you with the charges and ask for your approval before sending you the records.

    After I send you the PRA request, how soon will I get the records?
    We will respond within 10 days of your request acknowledging that we have received your request. Often, we are able to send the records with the “initial response”. Depending on the size of the request, it may take a little longer to retrieve the records. In our first response to you, we will provide you with an estimated date that you will receive the requested records.