• Work Permits

      What is a work permit and where can I get one?

      A work permit is a legal document required by the state of California that allows a person under 18 years of age to hold a job. You may get a work permit from Fairvalley High School. There are four steps in obtaining a work permit:

      1. Obtain a work permit application from Mr. Winlor Chang in the office or Download the Work Permit Application
        • Fill out the personal information at the top of the application
        • Get your prospective employer to fill out the information required in the middle portion
        • Have a parent or guardian sign the bottom portion of the application.
      2. Bring in the completed work permit application to Mr. Chang where the work permit will be processed. Please allow 24-48 hours for the processing of the work permit.
      3. Mr. Chang will contact you once your work permit is ready for pick-up
      4. Bring the completed work permit back to the prospective employer. 

      Students under eighteen (18) years old must have a work permit on file with the school and their employer.

      The GPA requirement for obtaining a work permit at Fairvalley HS is 2.0 and students must have positive attendance.

      Young Workers Health and Safety Information

      This site contains the basics about young worker health and safety for both teens and parents and has a link to a downloadable fact sheet "Are You A Working Teen?" in both English and Spanish.

      Please visit the Young Workers Website for more information.