SCHOOL UNIFORM / DRESS CODE POLICIES
Mandatory Dress Code
District K-5 schools have a mandatory uniform/standardized dress policy adopted by the Board of Education. This policy provides an opportunity for students to dress neatly for school, and it helps students to look at others’ character instead of their attire.
Shorts, skirts, long pants: Solid navy blue or tan Shirts/sweatshirts: Solid white, blue, red with collar Other: Spirit Wear
- NO oversized, baggy gang-related clothing
- NO jeans or jeans style pants
- NO dangling earrings
- NO plaids or denim material
- NO sunglasses indoors
- NO hats indoors
- Shirts and blouses must have collars and sleeves and must be free of writing, emblems and logos not related to school programs and must look neat. Long shirts must be tucked in. Pants must fit properly on waist (no sagging).
- Students who violate the dress code will be directed to call home for a change of clothes or be temporarily loaned a substitute uniform for the day. Any student out of uniform will not be allowed to participate in recess.
- Students will be allowed to wear uniforms of nationally recognized youth organizations, such as Boy/Girl Scouts on scheduled meeting days.
- For safety reasons, shoes with closed toes and straps across the heel must be worn. Sandals are not permitted. Tennis shoes are ideal shoes for all school activities.
- Students who attend any K-5 school in the Covina-Valley USD may not request an exemption.