Welcome to Las Palmas Middle School
We are proudly the only middle school in Los Angeles County that is a National AVID Demonstration school and a nationally recognized Renaissance recognition school! We have developed educational programs designed to provide the skills and tools necessary for students to explore their creativity while developing a strong educational base.
REMINDERS for 8th GRADE PARENTS:
Las Palmas Middle School has set expectations for participation in our promotion activities. We have outlined promotion activity information and requirements below.
- Our promotion is scheduled to take place on Thursday, June 7, 2018, at 9:00 am at Northview High School at the Rally Stand.
- All promoting students will receive a certificate of completion.
- The celebration will also honor 8th-grade students who are receiving department or presidential awards. Families will be notified if their child will receive an award.
- Students are to wear dress attire: a collared shirt, nice pants, or dress.
- T-shirts, jeans, and flip-flops WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to be worn during the ceremony.
- To participate in the promotion ceremony, students must PASS (NO Fs) ALL OF THEIR CORE CLASSES, which include HISTORY, LANGUAGE ARTS, MATH, and SCIENCE
- Students who fail any core class during first semester must attend TWO Saturday Lancer Enrichment Studies for every ONE class that was failed.
- The ASB-sponsored Promotion Dance is planned for Tuesday, June 5th, 2018 from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm at the Vanllee Hotel (Radisson Park Inn Hotel) in West Covina.
- The permission slip for attendance to the dance and $15.00 fee (Cash Only) will be due back on May 10th, 2018.
- Dinner will be served and a photo booth will be available. All students need to arrive no later than 4:15 p.m. in order to gain admittance.
- Parents MUST pick up your students no later than 7:00 p.m. sharp.
- Student dress for the Promotion Dance is semi-formal.
- T-shirts, jeans strapless dresses or backless tops, or any dresses that are too revealing WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Girls may wear spaghetti straps.
8th Grade Knott’s Trip
- The Knott’s trip is planned for Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
- A $25.00 fee is due in CASH OR MONEY ORDER (sorry, no personal checks will be accepted) and permission slip will be due back on May 10th, 2018, the same day as the dance permission slip. Students who have a Knott’s Pass will need to only pay $5.00 for the bus.
- Any student who owes charges, such as textbook or candy money, will not be allowed to attend the Knott’s Berry Farm Trip or the Promotion Dance.
- Charges must be cleared by May 10th, 2018 in order to attend end-of-the-year activities.
- Three or more behavior referrals, excessive absences, ANY suspensions, failing grades, or poor citizenship may also result in loss of privileges to attend any and all events. Students new to Las Palmas due to discipline transfers are ineligible to attend the dance and 8th-grade trip.
- As a reminder, due to finalizing arrangements there will be NO EXCEPTIONS for late slips or fees for ANY reason.
April 30th - Permission slips go out for all students who qualify for end of the year activities.
May 10th - All Slips and charges due, no late slips excepted.