Mon-Thurs 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Friday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
How to Stay Safe on the Internet
- Never give out personal information such as name, address, phone number, social security number, credit card information, name of school, pictures or any other personal information without your parents or guardians permission.
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Do not meet up in person with someone you have meet on the Internet.
- Talk to a trusted adult if you do not feel comfortable or safe.
- Do not open links or e-mails from people you do not know.
- Do not respond to advertisements. This confirms that you have a working e-mail account and you will receive more junk mail.
- Never respond to e-mail with inappropriate pictures or information.
Chat Room Safety
- Chat rooms can be dangerous. Even if a chat room is specifically for teens, not all participants are really who they say they are and may be predators.
- Use a nickname that is different from your screen name. This will allow you to leave a conversation that makes you uncomfortable without someone being able to track you by your screen name.
How to Prevent Cyberbullying
- Do not participate in cyberbullying. Do not forward or share mean, hurtful or inappropriate messages.
- Block cyberbullies from messaging you.
- Do not respond back to cyberbullying. Ignore the messages.
Charges will be issued for the following:
- Lost books Excessive wear
- Missing pages Torn pages
- Highlighting Pen and pencil marks
- Water damage Mold
- Broken binding Cover damage
- Dented corners Missing or damaged barcode
- Spine damage
- Damage other than normal wear
Damage Cost Bindery $15.00 Dented Corners $5.00 Scratched Cover $3.00 to $5.00 Torn pages $3.00 to $5.00 Water damage (if minimal) $5.00 to $15.00 Water damage (if major) Entire cost of book Edge writing $3.00 to $5.00 Loose spine $5.00 Excessive Wear $5.00 to $15.00 Tagging (gang related) Cost of entire book Minimum writing (non-gang) $3.00
The price of a textbook ranges from $53.00 to $141.00. Please handle them with care.
Students should check all textbooks at the time they are issued for any damage. If you received a damaged book which is not marked on the inside cover, notify the library clerks as soon as possible. All Textbooks should be covered with something that will not cause damage but will instead prolong usefulness. Textbooks are issued for the entire school year unless it is a semester course. Students dropping a class mid-year are to return books promptly to the library.